How to Conquer the Fear of Judgement to Get Visible
Did you know that by 2020 about 80% of all marketing will be done through video? Which means getting up close and comfortable with the camera (uh-oh).
This is not good news for those of us who have struggled or are currently struggling with the fear of VISIBILITY.
You know you need to stand out and get visible to be a mega-successful online entrepreneur, but you’re frozen by your fear when you so much as think about doing a Facebook Live or webinar.
You notice others having a prominent, powerful VOICE and delivering their message via many platforms, but you hold yourself back from putting out your content.
After surveying multiple people and working with many clients, I’ve discovered that what most of us are really afraid of isn’t getting visible; rather, we have a…
“Fear of Judgement.”
For example, when you begin to think about going live on Facebook or making a video blog, you might become overwhelmed with paralyzing thoughts like:
- What will others in my industry think or say?
- What if people don’t like what I have to say?
- What will my spouse, family or friends think?
This is your old programming talking, this is not who you are. Your past experiences may have taught you to seek approval from others to generate praise, fit in and be accepted.
Often times it boils down to the societal conditioning that stems from how you were brought up and what you learned as a child from your centers of influence (parents, teachers, siblings, and friends).
I was the same way! Any time I wanted to try something new or out of my comfort zone, I heard a voice in my head that said, “WHAT WILL THEY THINK?”
To this day, I have no idea who “THEY” are. Ha!
Another person’s opinion of you is just that–an OPINION, not your truth. Why make it more than that?
No matter how perfect you try to be, how hard you try to stick to “the norm” or how much you try to please others…I’ve got news for you: There will be people who DON’T like what you have to say. A-holes are everywhere.
So, why give your power away? They are just people, like you and me. Why does their opinion hold you hostage?
The next time you struggle with these thoughts, I invite you to ask yourself these 5 powerful questions to shift your awareness and energy.
- What is my fear costing me? Jot down some of your goals and dreams that remain unfulfilled simply because of this fear.
- How do I hold myself back because of this fear? Write down the action steps that this fear has held you back from taking in the direction of your goals and dreams.
- What or who taught me this fear? Dig a little deeper to get to the root of what or who taught you this. The choice to unlearn what’s not serving you anymore belongs only to you.
- What energy, space and consciousness can I be to fully release this fear? You can choose to BE YOU and create change that not only lights you up, but brings expansiveness to the greater good of all.
- Am I willing to be WHO I AM despite other’s judgement? Make a choice to become the highest version of yourself regardless of the fear or judgement. Take consistent steps (even if the are small) to stand for what you believe in.
Like I said earlier, there will be people that don’t like what you have to say, and that is A-OKAY. Simply accept that fact and STOP trying to please everyone!
The only person you need to please and save is YOU! (Now, don’t think for a second you won’t be compassionate, in-fact you become more expansive, caring and loving when your dreams are fulfilled.)
Trust me on this, I had to come a long way to get over my fear of judgement. I held myself back for WAY too long. Now, I have an online presence, create tons of videos and do Facebook live streaming like there’s no tomorrow.
Even better, I get to teach my clients how to do the exact same things. I love it!
I remind myself of this quote often and I want you to remember this when the fear of judgement has a grip on you, “If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you.”
Is your fear holding you back from getting visible and creating massive success in your business and life?
I’ve created a program to overcome the Fear of Judgement and the Fear of Visibility. Not only that, but this program is designed to overcome 25 barriers that entrepreneurs experience.
The good news is that it’s available online now and you can have life time access to all the videos, audios and PDF’s to tackle these fears so you can align yourself to create the business you deserve.
If this is resonating with you and you are feeling ready to invite more wealth and abundant opportunities then check out Tap into Wealth and register today!